Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Orf Bartrop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 11:19:23 +1000
Use the Find and Replace. Make a list of all the offending words or sets
of word in a MS document.
Highlight the first word and save it to the clipboard (CTRL + C) Open
Find and Replace dialog box and paste the word into both the Find What
and Replace With areas. Highlight the Replace word and then click the
Bold button on the toolbar. You will notice that  Format: Bold appears
directly under the word. Click the More button and tick Match Case and
Find whole words only. Then click the Replace all button.
This will  make bold the word you are hunting. You can then look through
your text and  change the wording or undo the bold setting.
If you find this method satisfactory, create a macro by going to
Tools/Macro/Record New Macro. The first thing to do is to go to the
start of the document by pressing the CTRL + Home keys. Then do the
above for one of the words you  want to change and close the macro.
Run the macro and if it works repeat the procedure for each word you
want to detect.
When they all work as required, open Edit for each macro and copy/paste
the text into just one macro. You will soon see what part of the text to
copy. You should then end up with one macro to do the lot.
Obviously you can do all the work in just one macro but if you make a
mistake it is quite a business to repeat the lot again.
When the macro is working as required (you can always add new words if
required later on) assign it to an icon on one of the toolbars. Then it
is only a matter of clicking the icon and all possible offending words
will appear in Bold.

If you get stuck, email me direct and I will create a macro for you.

Orf Bartrop

dorothy wrote:

>Hi John
>
>I tried your suggestion but it did not work the way I needed. I found that once the replace all was activated and I started checking the sentences I could not take one sentence and reverse the procedure if I found the wording to be correct. I had to delete the replaced word completely and retype it in, which makes the job on checking a novel of approximately 200,000 words a longer process than it's worth.
>
>Dorothy Jones
>
>                Curious about the people moderating your
>                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
>                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml