Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Seagroves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:59:06 -0400
Gregg,

Have you tried malwarebytes (www.malwarebytes.org)?  There's a version that's free for personal use.  There are lots of other good anti-malware programs out there but we have found this to be one of the better ones.  You may have to download it on another computer and copy it via a USB drive.  You might also try renaming the program to hopefully fool the malware on your computer.  If you can get it cleaned up, I'd install both an anti-virus and anti-spyware program unless you install one that's supposed to do both.  AVG makes a good free anti-virus program.  If all else fails, you may need to format the drive and install a fresh copy of the OS, backing up anything you want to keep first.  Good luck.

Mark

Mark Seagroves
Dir, Information Technology
Assoc Prof, Computer Science
Carson-Newman College
(865) 471-3506

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gregg Pfaff
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 11:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] can't get rid of a redirecting/browser hijacking Virus

It appears the link I was sent contained a virus / malware cocktail...I
still have not found anything that will detect and remove whatever is
hijacking my browsers. I downloaded Mozilla Firefox while in safe mode but
it hijacks that also (when not in safe mode). Maybe it's into my networking?
I can browse anywhere but anti-virus sites unless I'm in safe mode
W/networking. Any Ideas out there? the rest of my computer seems fine and no
viruses or malware are detected.
Gregg