Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mike Gracewood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:04:38 -0400
Not really.  You need a sharp pencil & calculator to answer your question.
You performed the transfer throught the serial port which is, in essence,
the UART.  The transfer rates for UARTS will vary from 115Kbps up to
460Kbps.  Although you can achieve rates up to 921.6Kbps, most UARTS
transfer raw data at between 230Kbps or 460Kbps.
Appreciate the fact that 1 Byte = 8 bits.  Therefore 460Kbps, (460,000 bits
per second), = 57.5KBps, (57,500 Bytes per second).  Armed with this info,
you can perform the math to answer your question.
If your going to be doing this on a regular basis, you may want to consider
throwing in a couple of network cards to cut the transfer time down as well
as achieve a lot of other additional benefits.

Hope this helps

Mike Gracewood, CET