Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 22:32:14 -0500
At 18:40 3/24/99 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>i have a problem with the RNAAPP file.  i understand that this file is
>used for dial-up networking and that it's supposed to close several
>minutes after you disconnect your modem.  for some reason, rnaapp on my
>computer does not close and everything freezes up.  to close it, i have
>to do it manually via ctrl+alt+del.  the only other programs i have
>running at the same time are norton a-v, norton scheduler, ms office
>shortcut bar and netscape communicator 4.51.  i have win 95B, 98 megs
>RAM, P166.

Hi Mark

I've found that Java in Netscape causes similar problems for me.

Even after closing Netwcape normally and disconnecting from DUN, I
sometimes notice that the system is running very slowly and a
Ctrl-Alt_Del shows that RNAAPP and Netscape are still running.
(Recall that I said that I closed Netscape...and it did seem
to close.) When I try to kill the phantom Netscape, I find
that Java is not responding. Sometimes I can get it to close,
sometimes I can't and I have to do a double Ctrl-Alt-Del to
shutdown.

My interpretation is that some Java script in Netscape hangs
and causes these problems...including keeping RNAAPP from closing.
Even if I get everything back to normal, I will reboot because
things still seem slightly unstable. This doesn't happen really
frequently...maybe one in twenty times I close Netscape...or even
less frequently. It does seem to happen at certain web pages...
that is, the problem is reproducible.

My suggestion would be to close Netscape when this happens to you.
If you can get things to disappear from the Close Program box,
reboot to guarantee system stability.

I don't have the other programs that you mentioned running, just
Netscape. I had this problem with Netscape 4.5 and now 4.51. It
seems worse with 4.51. I'm running Win98, PII-450, 256 MB RAM.

Regards,
Bill

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html