Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:22:38 -0700
I too had (and still have) these "problems". The first occurrence was due to
my external SCSI cable being unterminated - this caused disk read errors.
Now that I fixed this, the delay is due to hard disk spindown. If the
computer does not access the hard disk for a while, the disk is put into
standby mode. When I then access the disk, there is a delay of several
seconds (up to 10 or so) as the disk starts spinning up. It should be
possible to turn off the spindown feature, but I thought that the this
behavior was acceptable (as long as I understood why it was happening).

There may be other sources of problems, but this is what I found on my own
system. Incidentally, I did find that under Windows 2000, the Windows
Explorer is much more fragile than in previous versions - although when it
fails, it does not impact the OS as much. As a substitute to Explorer, I am
now using PowerDesk from Ontrack. You can get it for free at:
http://www.ontrack.com/software PowerDesk has its own problems, but it seems
more stable than Explorer.

Peter Shkabara
http://pesh.what.cc