Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2004 14:58:33 +1000
Anne writes:

<<Am I driving myself crazy for nothing?>>

Probably.

<<Would I be in danger of someone getting my critical information>>

Well that depends.

Are you:

Holding the security encryption keys to the US Treasury?
The possessor of vital nuclear fusion secrets, which fact is known to the
outside world?
The Overlord of a huge International Drug Ring?

If the answer to any of these questions is "Yes", then no, you're not doing
enough.  Any of perhaps the top 6 security experts in the world, or perhaps
the combined efforts of the CIA,  could crack your or any on-line computer
security given unlimited financial resources and time.

But if your "critical information" falls short of that, then what you are
doing now is fine, and would probably be overkill for the vast majority of us.

RoboForm is pretty secure for all intents and purposes.

<<Does it help that I turn off the computer at night, when I'm
 >not using it? >>

If on cable, yes, it's an added precaution.

<<do passwords REALLY need to be 14 alpha-numeric
 >characters with upper and lower case and special characters?>>

I doubt it. That's overkill, given your already excellent precautions.

I agree with what John says---what you have is more than most of us have.
Don't lose any more sleep over it. Unless, as I said, you're in any of the
3 categories mentioned above, or something like it.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml