Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Joel Bluming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 17:08:55 -0400
Dear All

The files will easily open on either platform. Your problem will be the
fonts. The Mac and PC use different fonts with different font names. Even
if a font name is similar it will be substituted, unless it is identical.
You will be given a choice when the document is opened as to which fonts
are missing, and how you want them replaced. If you have the matching PC
font you can select it or a substitute. If font selection is important
you will have to obtain the PC font which correlates to the Mac fonts you
want to use.

If you have a program such as Fontographer (Macromedia), or Fontmonger
(?) you can convert a font from the Mac to a compatible PC type 1 or
Truetype font, but you first must copy the mac font to a PC disk using
the proper copying technique so as not to corrupt the font.

If your graphics are all standard format such as Tiff the will open with
no problem. If they are Mac specific graphics they will need to be
converted with a program such as Paintshop Pro (shareware) or Debabelzer
(sp?). If it is a vector graphic from illustrator it should import easily
but eps graphics have some color problems especially spot colors (refer
to your Pagemaker docs)

So the short of it is that there are some pitfalls you must be aware of.

HTH
Joel Bluming

>>As I recall, have not done it for a while, if using Pagemaker, the
>files are
>>usable by either the IBM and/or the Mac versions. TIFF files if saved
>in the
>>proper format (there are many TIFF formats) can be read by both IBM
>and Mac.

>>Daniel Wysocki
>>Twin*.*Star Computers
>>
>>----------
>>From:  Kristen K Smith [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
>>
>>Hello!  I have been asked at work to convert 15 PageMaker and TIFF
>files
>>from a Mac ZIP disk to IBM PC format.  Does anyone have any advice on
>

>It depends on what version of PageMaker the Mac files were and what
>version
>the PageMaker on your PC is.  If they're the same (say 6.5), just give
>all
>of the Mac pagemaker files an extension of .p65 and open them up in
>the
>pagemaker on the IBM.  No problem.
>The tiff files are just as easily transferred.  Just give all of the
>Mac
>Tiffs a .tif extention on their names and open them in whatever
>program you
>want to use.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html