Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 16:46:44 -0800
Ian,

I am glad that you found True Image to work for you. I was not so lucky. I
have my OS (WinXP Pro) on a SATA RAID and True Image does not recognize the
drive. Also, it will not restore (at least in my case) to the C:/OS
containing drive from within Windoes. It insists on using a boot disk and
exiting from Windows. Ghost does not support RAID and it fails when I try to
run it from Windows. But, I created a Boot CD with Ghost and it works
perfectly. I have not found it difficult to use and it has saved me many
times from a complete re-install.

To Lewis, I have not found Symantec Tech Support to be of much help. When I
ran into trouble with my setup, I found that Ghost does not support RAID and
therefore they wiped theirs hands of the problem. To answer your some of
your questions:

1). You specify disks or partitions. AFAIK, you cannot specify specific
files.

2). Sorry. No idea how to save GoBack info.

3). It depends upon the compression factor you select. With no compression
take the size of the partition and divide by 650MB to get an estimate.

As a side note, Ghost (or any imaging program) fulfill a different task than
data backup. I have my system partitioned into multiple drives as follows:

C: OS and system files
D: Download files
E: Programs
F: Files
G: Removeable drive in Tray
I: Large IDE RAID for Video and backups

I use Ghost to make an image of the C and E drives so that I can quickly
re-install the system and programs. I use a backup program to back up D and
F to G or I. I periodically burn modified files on G or I to CD or DVD. That
way I have a periodic image of the "system" and daily backups of all data
files (on a hard drive or CD/DVD).

HTH,

Jim Maki

<snip>

> Finally, after trying a couple more abortive and unsuccessful
> applications, I ran across Acronis True Image 7.
>
> This backup app is truly excellent - as far as I'm concerned it
> qualifies for DREAM status.  It's intelligent enough to be able
> to work entirely from Windows so you don't need to worry about
> working in DOS (or what passes for DOS in XP).

<snip>

> Ian Porter
> Computer Guys Inc.
> Arrowtown