Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:39:07 -0800
> Hi everyone.  Season's greetings and happy holidays! I made the plunge
and uninstalled my expired norton antivirus and installed AVAST.
Sleeker look and less bloated on system resources.  I just want to make
sure I understand this right.  Does Avast have either an auto or manual
antivirus update feature like nortons "live update".  I'm running
Windows ME on one and Windows XP with SP2 on my other networked
computer.  Thanks.  Regards....Steve.

~~~I just did the same thing, but my Norton 2004 antivirus program
wouldn't have expired for 7 months!  (So that was $50 down the tube.  Or
$25, if you give them credit for about half a year, before I got a
virus.)  The automatic update in Norton was evidently not working for
me, because I got a virus that almost destroyed my whole system anyway.
A lady at my ISP was nice enough to help me figure out what was wrong,
(after I killed the virus with Panda softwares online virus scan), and
send me a system file that the virus had destroyed.  (I couldn't  open
any programs in the Control Panel without that file.) Yes, Avast does do
automatic updates.  In fact, I just got a notice this morning, (a little
window that pops up in the lower right hand corner of the screen), that
said it was updated.  So far, so good with Avast.
Carol Hanson

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml