Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:28:09 -0300
The disk is an exact copy, BUT...  the partition was not made active.  If
you have an  old Windows 98  startup disk handy, boot up, pay no attention
to the warning that DOS can not find any hard drives (NTFS is invisible to
DOS without special software), when you get to the options, select the one
to activate the partition.  Now when you reboot without the floppy, it will
detect which hard drive to start with and load your operating system.  I
hope this helps.
Howard Rubin
The Conputer Doctor
Fortaleza, Braziil

RE:  Date:    Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:16:14 -0700
From:    [log in to unmask]
Subject: norton ghost and  OS XP

Hello List,
Have Dell 4400 XP Home with 2 hard drives and use Norton ghost 2002.
Thought I was all set with disk to disk copy. Seems to go ok. Last
November I messed up C: drive.  Tried to do a disk to disk copy from
D: to C: . Something went wrong and had two bad disks. I'm old and
slow  (78) and thought I had messed up in the cmos. Reinstalled XP
ok.
This week I ran across this article about XP doing something to D:
that makes it a not a bootable disk.

http://www.infinisource.com/features/backup-windowsxp1.html

snip--
Leaving your hard drives connected within your system necessitates a
different procedure to create a bootable emergency backup copy of
your system because despite how simple it sounds, when using Windows
XP, it is impossible to instruct your system to actually boot to the
cloned drive despite all efforts which can create quite the dilemma.
snip-

My question is.
Has anybody used Norton ghost disk to disk copy from D: to C: with XP
and had it boot ok? It worked great on my old gateway pentium and win
98.

Thank you

Art Allen

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: