Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:44:51 -0400
On Wednesday 21 August 2002 11:59 pm, Dencer Brenda wrote:
> Hi, Folks. I'm running Win 2000, with a 1 gig processor, and 256K memory. I
> have AVG virus protection and Zone Alarm personal editon. I also have a UPS
> between the computer and the outlet.
>
> I've come home several times recently and found the computer midway of
> booting up, but since I had a floppy in the drive, the boot stopped to tell
> me to remove the disk and hit any key to resume. I thought that perhaps the
> electricity surged or cut out and caused the computer to reboot, so didn't
> get very alarmed. We've had some storms here recently.
>
> However, I've been using the computer when it has, for no reason, turned
> itself off and started to reboot. I haven't downloaded any software
> recently or installed any software recently. I've done a virus scan and I'm
> clean. I get no error messages or warning before this happens. Today, since
> 2pm to now, 11pm, it has rebooted 3 times.
>
> Now, I'm realizing that this could have been happening much more than I
> know about and for longer than I'm aware of.
>
> 1 further question:  I have Incredimail for my email program, but the list
> rejected the original email (sent in Incredimail) because " Your posting to
> the PCSOFT list has been rejected because it only contains attachments
> which are disallowed by the list configuration. Even though the list is
> configured to remove unwanted attachments and process the remaining
> text, in this case there would be nothing left after removing the unwanted
> data." I am resending in Outlook Express.  Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Brenda Dencer, Maryland

Brenda:
other attachments to enhance the appearance of e-mails. While this may be
acceptable -- even desireable -- in some settings, most mail lists will not
allow you to post using that format. First, these enhancements come at a big
price -- such messages are often three or four times larger than if they were
sent in plain text. This clogs the list's mail servers, and it creates
problems for list members, too -- these messages take much longer to
download, and some of us are still using dialup. And, outside of the US and
Canada, many members pay by the minute. Second, not everyone uses mail
clients that can read such postings -- they appear as a great long string of
random characters. Third, since attachments are a common means of propagating
viruses and worms, many people automatically reject all such messages unless
they come from a known and trusted source.

Your problem with random and frequent spontaneous reboots is probably
hardware related -- flakey RAM chips or a failing power supply come to mind.
Your UPS should protect you from surges and drops. You might do well to try
the PCBUILD list, and include some more details: Is this a new system? System
and UPS manufacturer and model number?
Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

                     support at our newest website: