Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:58:37 -0600

Sven Swanson, Sr.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pat Hodson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 7:33 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Is a .wmv file saved in the hard drive or is this only a
link?

Hi

I run window XP but belong to an online class of grannies that are computer
illerate and we have have muddled through and had success with a number of
things but something has us confused.

We are now trying to set up video instructions that we can save, we were
given a link to a site where the video is stored and it took a long time for
me to be able to open it, if I clicked on the link I only got a tiny video
screen that said opening then went blank.

Eventually I went into Start-Programmes-Accessories-Entertainment-Windows
Media Player-File-Open URL and copied and pasted the link and then the video
played. When I was through I used "Save As" to save it. A lot of the other
ladies have tried to save and say that it is not possible. As my computer is
set up to be online all the time it is switched on and I dont want to
disturb any settings can someone tell me if the .wmv is the actual video
saved to my hard drive or is this just a link that I would only be able to
open this file while connected to the internet.

Thank You
Pat

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml