Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 2009 03:01:38 +1000
Gene wrote:
>I just started to get unwanted offensive advertisements on Firefox>>

You have downloaded a trojan which has hijacked your browser.

It may be too late, but try and download free Malwarebytes, update it and
run a full scan. Ditto with free Avira antivirus. I've never heard of the
one you mention, it may itself be a scam. You don't say which malware
programs you are running so I can't comment.

Many trojans these days protect themselves by preventing you from either
installing, running, or updating any malware protection programs. If that
happens, your only remedies are:

1. Check startups and remove anything that might be suspicious or doubtful.
Most trojans/viruses are too clever for this to work though, and will
simply regenerate themselves.

2. If you can define exactly which trojan/s you have, you might find an
answer by posting to the "Hijack This" forum (run I think by Trend Micro).
Manual removal can be very tedious and difficult.

3. (Simplest solution) Remove your hard drive and place it in another clean
computer with the above programs fully updated, then scan and remove. You
can't usually do this with a laptop though.

4. Reformat.

You could try using System Restore first---there's a very faint chance it
might fix the problem, if it's only a minor thing.

Once the system is clean, use the option in Malwarebytes or most good
malware-protection software to lock your browser homepage (once you've set
it, of course)

Don Penlington

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml