Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 23:35:47 -0400
Several members have written privately to me about this, so I hope this
clears up some of the confusion.

Microsoft now has four completely different Windows products in development.
And all are due for release sometime next year.
1.  "WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL" which will replace NT Workstation.
2.  "WINDOWS 2000 SERVER FAMILY"  which will replace NT Server.
3.  "WINDOWS CONSUMER"  which will replace Windows 9x.
4.  "WINDOWS CONSUMER NT" which is sooo new (according to Mr. Nichols) that
there is no information available at all.

The last two items, the CONSUMER versions, were unveiled in an interview
with Mike Nichols last week.  These two products are so new, that MS has
very little information on their web site.  Just a couple of transcripts
from the trials which make a very brief reference/mention of the Windows
Consumer product line.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====

> In a message dated 7/13/99 11:57:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> << In a recent interview with BETANEWS.COM, Mike Nichols, the Product
Manager
>  for Microsoft's new Windows Consumer product(s), has said that the
successor
>  to Windows 98SE will be called Windows Consumer (code name Millenium) and
>  they expect to release it next year.
>
>  The new product will STILL be based on the Windows 9x codebase and
Kernel.
>  This sounds -to me- like it's going to be the same flawed Windows
95/98/SE
>  product with yet another cosmetic "make-over" so that it looks new.
>
>  However, other sources say that Microsoft is going to "bite the bullet"
and
>  drop legacy support for older software and hardware.  The new product
will
>  lose the old DOS 16 bit "core" and will finally be a 100% 32 bit OS.
>
>  The first beta of Millenium was supposedly released last week.
>  Does anyone out there have a copy of it yet?
>
>  Nichols also said that there is a Windows Consumer NT product (the
>  unconfirmed code name is Neptune) in the works, but it is far too early
>  make any statements about it.
>
>  Jim Meagher >>
>
> Hi,
>   I believe the one you are referring to is currently called Windows 2000,
> and the Beta 3 was released for corporate preview recently

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html