Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:07:04 -0800
I took it that she was asking if it would diminish her receipt of spam if
she changed her email preferences to plain text instead of HTML.   But, that
will make no difference whatsoever.  It will only change the way the spam is
displayed on the email.

Interesting side note:  My ISP is MUCH better at blocking ME from sending
spam, (not that I would send it),  than it is at blocking spam from getting
to me.  (Although, so far, they're not bad at that either.)  I evidently had
a piece of spyware that was sending emails from my computer, because my ISP
'blacklisted' me and I was no longer able to send any email at all.  I spent
over an hour on the phone with a tech at the ISP trying to figure out why I
suddenly coudn't send email.  Finally, he gave up and asked an 'engineer',
who immediately found that I was 'black listed' by them automatically,
because there were over 100 emails going out of my account a day.  I hadn't
been sending 100 emails, so I knew something was wrong.  (However, there was
a time I DID innocently send that many emails out in a day, so I think it's
a strange policy that they will have problems with over and over.)

I'm a little perplexed at how that spyware got into my computer, though,
(although I did find 5 instances of something called EXPLOIT which I think
must have been the culprit, because it's the only spyware I found), since I
rarely ever find any spyware on my system since I got Spyware Blaster and XP
Home.
Carol Hanson

>  No.  The only places I've seen a choice between text and HTML is in
> expressing a preference to a sender/site you DO want to receive email
> from.
> If spammers cared about your preference, they wouldn't send stuff to
> people
> who'd prefer not to receive it!
>  One of the things real spammers do is contantly generate random fake
> "From:" lines, so they slide right by sender block lists.  It's sounding
> like Verizon's spam blocker is causing problems for real email (see other
> threads here...) and not really stemming the tide of actual spam.
>
> David Gillett

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>