Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 00:58:39 -0400
"S. Lokanathan" <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>When sounds & Marquees are inserted into an HTML file prepared
>with Front Page Express, these are effective only when the file
>is opened in IE. What should be done to have these effective in
>NC 4.5 too?

You have discovered two "features" that Microsoft got into HTML
before NetScape. I am not sure? NetScape will use a Marquee,
but the sound can be made to work... You need to manually
edit the page to add NetScape support for sounds.
There are several ways to do that and not all work all the
time in the various browsers that are likely to access "your
page"...

Here is the last several lines I use in the side frame of my WEB site.
I use frames, and the side frame "carries the music", so the song
does not have to be "called" from EACH page, and have to constantly
re-start...
This "code" will work in "all" browsers I have ever personally
used...  Note the "standard" MS "call" for sound,
and the NetScape "call" for the same sound right below it...
It is a relative, not an absolute link...

<P><bgsound="bgsound.mid">
<EMBED src="bgsound.mid" width=145 height=55 autostart="true" volume="70"
loop="true">

This "code" gives a "controllable" player interface.
There are some interesting differences in the way additional
sounds are handled in the other framed pages on the site,
and the way different browsers handle them in opposite ways...
      Rick Glazier
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html