Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Matt Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:50:43 -0500
Hi Barry,

Barry Marx wrote:

> Is Microsoft still sending out updates to Win 98?  I have a friend who
> emailed me that his system was acting up.  After asking a few questions, he
> remembered having recently installed a security update.  This made me
> suspicious, since I was under the impression that Microsoft was no longer
> sending out updates for '98 (he has SE).

Yes, Microsoft is still sending out updates for both Windows 98 and Windows
98SE.

In fact, a security update in January released by Microsoft for Windows 98/98SE
seems
to be causing some folks trouble (me included). This link helped me rectify the
problem
I was seeing after having installed the MS05-002 KB891711 security patch,
released in
January by Microsoft. I was getting Blue Screens of Death (BSOD) and a number
of other
"odd" problems that appeared to be registry related until I followed the
suggestion
the link's article suggests.

http://tinyurl.com/5rdaw

While Windows 98/98SE support was slated to be withdrawn about a year and half
ago
it has been extended through June 30th, 2006. More information on this
extension can
be found on Microsoft's web site at:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifean1

Matt