Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 18:53:19 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>

On 24 Mar 99, at 15:11, aldridge wrote:

  Bottom line:  Odds that your card number will be stolen are a little
higher if the seller accepts such info over the net.  Whether you
actually use the net to send the info probably doesn't make much
difference.

Since I said basically the same thing yesterday, we are obviously in
agreement on the how/what/when/where, but I disagree with your final
analysis.

I think the odds of a stolen card number are SIGNIFICANTLY less on the
internet.  Naturally for all the reasons we explained, but mainly because
with the internet, the information is flowing directly from one computer
to another.  The total number of humans involved in the process is much
lower for an internet transaction -- ergo -- more secure.

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com