Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ron Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 06:42:35 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Steward <[log in to unmask]>

>We have several computers in our school, two of which are running win95
>A.  The cdrom works fine in windows but we have a particular program on
>cd that runs only in dos, but when we type in the drive (e:) letter for
>the cdrom, we get an error message.  I looked in microsoft tech. support
>for this problem and found how to assign a drive letter for the cdrom.
>(MSCDEX /L:H)  Can anyone tell me if this will solve my problem:  I
>would really like to know something before I try it.
Bryan
I had this problem some time ago.  There is a file in the \Windows folder
DOSSTART.BAT that is run when you boot to dos prompt.  My drivers were
always loaded in CONFIG.SYS but not is AUTOEXEC.BAT.  When I loaded them in
AUTOEXEC the performance of WIN95 suffered.  I don't remember how I found
out about DOSSTART but when I put the entry there whenever I booted to the
dos prompt the drivers were loaded and I could access the CDROM.
HTH
Ron