Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 May 2004 12:00:01 -0700
I think we need to clarify the use of the word "capture" in this context.
When you wish to download a video file to your computer, from the Internet,
or across a LAN, you are saving a file. This is no different then saving a
music file, a word processor file, a pdf, or a txt file. They are all just
digital files that you are downloading and saving to your hard drive.

However, if what you are trying to download is "streaming video" that will
not permit you download the source file, then you must use special software
to capture the video as it plays.

When you capture video, you are transforming it from one source / format to
another. When you use your VCR to record a television broadcast, you are
capturing video from a TV signal that may be analog = regular cable or
antenna , or it may be digital = digital cable or satellite to an analog
tape. When you then transfer that taped video, to your computer, using some
kind of hardware video capture device, and appropriate video capture
software, you are capturing it to your hard drive from an analog to a
digital format.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

>I didn't catch the beginning of this thread so may be jumping in
>inappropriately, but the easiest way to capture the file is to RIGHT click
>the link and use the resulting menu to "save target as...". This will
>download the movie file into a location of your choice and you will capture
>it for posterity.
>Michael

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>