Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:10:11 -0500
Hi Lee,

 From the outset I should mention that I have no experience with Quicken,
so you could argue that I have no business even entertaining or
answering your question.
However, I do have some experience with similar programs,including web
trading
 plus general knowledge of PC problems.

There are a lot of unknowns "floating" in the background and the more
info you provide,
the better it is to address certain problems,
What kind of PC are you using.Specs on CPU memory etc.Browser used.
As a rule,this kind of application,financially related,should be used on
a dedicated
PC or at least a dedicated partition.
Both,for security's sake as well as performance,any extra programs
should be avoided.
Only anti malware programs and preferably ones that are not memory or
resource hogs.
No general internet browsing on this drive,partition or user account.

To address you question:
Problem 1.
No update on transactions.
1.This depends on several things:What is the update frequency on those
accounts?
It depends on their servers and also what level of update frequency you have
for your accounts.IOW what level of service is provided with your account?
Full service accounts cost more and have instant updates,lower level
accounts update
at set time intervals.
2.You may be loading (browser) cached pages.In that case Quicken sees no
change
and resolves as N/A.

You may want to set your browser to delete all browser cache on close.
Also set to look for new pages when opening.
Simply doing a refresh of the page might help.
Check if Quicken has a cache component that either needs to be refreshed
or possibly
even must be deleted now and then.

Problem 2. and 3.
Both seem to point at either high memory or CPU usage.
Open TaskManager and see which processes use all that memory or CPU.
Keep an eye on your AV or anti-malware programs as well.
Their settings may cause this too.
If it's Quicken,try to limit all unnecessary processes and other
programs to lighten the load.
For large data base access you do need a fair amount of RAM.

I hope this helps a little.If my comments are inappropriate or
redundant,my apologies.

Peter Ekkerman.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml