Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 01:11:36 -0700
Once you have your network running you can easily setup a single Favorites
folder that is shared by all clients.

First determine which computer you wish to be the <Server>. Then decide if
you want to use the default Favorites folder on the server, or create a new
one and then use TweakUi to move it's default location. Once you have
decided which PC and what Favorites folder you wish to use, then Share that
Favorites folder will FULL access rights on the <Server>

After you have the Server set up to share the Favorites folder simply map
the folder from the Clients and use TweakUi to move the default location of
the Favorites folder to your mapped folder. When mapping the folder make
sure you check the box to auto reconnect so that it will still be there
after a reboot.

I have been doing it this way for years and it works well, however if you
shut down the Server and the client can't find the mapped favorites folder
then it will immediately revert to the default location and you will have
to set that Client up again. Because of this, sharing the Favorites folder
works best if you have the Favorites folder on a File Server that is on 24/7.

As to sharing the Outlook IN box ...  I use Eudora Pro which has networking
support and sharing mailboxes is possible but I do not think it is with
Outlook. I do not believe Outlook ( even the full version that comes with
office) will allow you to share  mail boxes.  I once tried to get Outlook
to share resources over the network and I couldn't do it. I suggest you
check with the Microsoft Knowledge base to see if Outlook Express is
network compatible. Or perhaps another subscriber who is more familiar with
Outlook will be able to offer a procedure for sharing the Outlook Express
mailboxes.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group

>A friend of mine is wondering if it's possible for two machines, connected
>with NICs and running Win2K and Outlook Express and IE, to share the same
>inbox and favorites from one of the computers? Only one machine will have a
>modem, the other will be using ICS.  Thanx in advance
>
>Volkard Linke

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml