Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:20:09 -0500
I use Netzero as my backup dialup ISP and my son uses it when he is
traveling and away from his broadband service.  we have found it to be much
better than Juno.  Although it does launch IE and take you to Netzero home
page when it connects, you can use Netscape (we do) as your browser.  My
version doesn't actually change the homepage, but as I said, it does launch
IE and take you to it's portal after making a dialup connection.  I use all
my normal programs as I would if using my premium dialup ISP.  It didn't
screw up my dialup DUN settings or affect my computer in any other
way.  The only thing is while it is connected the ad bar is visible.  The
ad bar is configurable so you will have to read their help and try
different locations to see what suits you.  I've never gotten a busy signal
here in our area (North Carolina) and it stays connected for both me and my
son.

I much prefer it over Juno, which my wife uses.  Juno has too many
"in-your-face" ad windows, but it seems to be available in more areas than
Netzero, tho' it is catching up fast.

My experience and opinions,

Doug

At 1/23/01 06:13 PM, Mark Rode wrote:

>I am curious as to how NetZero software installs and works. I  see from
>it's web site that it has a floating stay on top banner much like Juno.
>Does it allow you to use other Internet programs for mail, new and browsing
>or must you use the Netzero browser for everything.
>
>Does it stay out of the way of the rest of your computer or is it problematic?
>Does NetZero provide a good reliable dial up connection ? What is a better
>service .Juno or NetZero ?
>Is Netzero owned by Cisco ? Any other thoughts or comments about NetZero?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml