Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 22:18:49 +0000
There is a bug with Win 95, that if you have Network Neighborhood on
your desktop (Doesn't matter if you actually have a LAN or not), that
sometimes your DNS searches will use the wrong DNS settings. As you
can set up DNS under DUN, but you can also set them up for a NIC.

Sorry I am rambling not making to much sense. Basically check the
network control panel for some sort of TCP/IP bound to the local NIC.
If it is there, change the DNS settings for the NIC to match the DNS
for DUN.
> Help Gurus!  I've got a client with a Win95 machine that has some strange
> problems connecting thru Dial Up Networking.  It will logon okay and
> establish the connection to the ISP, but does not allow any connections
> outside the ISP's domain. All web pages are unviewable but she can get her
> email.  I can Ping an IP address outside the domain, but cannot Ping the
> corresponding domain name (it returns 'bad IP address').  Thinking this
> might be a DNS problem at the ISP, I set up the system with a different ISP
> and got the same results.  I've installed the DUN upgrade v1.3 but still the
> same problem.  Tried reinstalling Win95 over existing installation, still no
..snip..
Dale Laluk / [log in to unmask]
P.O. Box 308
Hudson's Hope, B.C. V0C 1V0