Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Elise Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 07:50:00 -0800
Bob,

I think the orange fist is an Earthlink Popup Blocker, provided in the
Earthlink software.

Elise

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robert Lendrim
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 8:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Who's stopping the popups?

I've decided to install SP2 on my XPPro SP1 system. All other Windows
updates have been done. In preparation I uninstalled Sygate firewall and
PanicWare Popup Stopper. I uninstalled them, used a registry cleaner to
delete a few references to them, and manually removed any residue.

When I click on a link and my MSIE browser tries to open a second window, it
is blocked, and the image of an orange fist appears. If I hold the Ctrl key
and click the link, the second window will open. I had thought that was the
result of PanicWare Popup Stopper, but now I don't know what is causing
that. I have searched the computer, startup process etc,  but can't find any
other popup stopper.

Is anybody familiar with the little orange fist that blocks additional
browser windows? Unless it's an integral part of MSIE, I would like to
disable it before installing SP2.
My MSIE version shows: 6.0.2800.1106.XPSP2.040919-1003. Could that mean that
a portion of SP2 has already been installed in my MSIE? Could Microsoft have
bought the little orange fist from Panicware?

Thanks, Bob Lendrim

Other software utilities installed:
AdAware
Avast