Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 19:02:22 -0600
I had this problem a while ago and this is how I fixed it.  Shreedhar Hardikar
is also having a problem.  The first thing you should try is the IE repair tool.
Go to Start/Settings/control panel/Add Remove programs and click on Microsoft
Internet Explorer.  When you click on Add/Remove a window will pop up with 3
choices.  Choose Repair and see if that solves the problem.  If not this is what
I did

Move      wuv3is.dll   out of the Windows System folder.  Just put it somewhere
so you can find it later if you want to put it back or delete it.  Not go to the
Windows update site.  You should get a window pop up that asks you if you want
to run the Windows Active setup.  Tell it no.  If you tell it yes it will just
put that same dll file back on your system and it still won't work.  When you
tell it no, it should take you to another page that explains that they've made
some changes to their site and it will give you good instructions on what to do
next.  The instructions will have you clean out the Internet Cache and History
and give you instructions on deleting a registry key.  And it will have you
delete everything in your Programs/Windows Updates folder except one file.  Pay
attention and don't delete the one file they say not to.  Then you go back to
the update page and when it asks if you want to run the Active setup you say yes
and it should work.

Sorry this is so cryptic.  I've tried to go back to the instruction page but
without deleting the dll and starting over I can't find it again.  I sure hope
this works for both of you.  If not, put the dll file back and you'll be back
where you started.

Linda Aldridge

From: "Rod Underwood" <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Listees:
I'm running Win 98 (not the SE) and my windows update has suddenly stopped
working. When I click on "start" - "setting" -  and "windows update" I connect
immediately to the Microsoft site but all I get is a blank page. Refreshing the
page accomplishes the same result. Connecting directly (bypassing the command on
the start button) with the Microsoft web site accomplishes the same result.
Anyone got a clue or am I just getting dumb and dumber with age?
Thanks,

                         The NOSPIN Group, Inc.
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org