Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 00:23:44 -0800
On 28 Nov 2006 at 14:03, billhorn wrote:

> I just have been handed down a couple of laptop computers. They are Compaq
> Evo N600c’s. They have Windows 2000 Professional as the operating system and
> I don’t have any experience with this OS. My guess is Windows 2000 Pro is
> probably a “business orientated” operating system. I have a couple of
> desktop computers with XP Home and I have some experience with different
> versions of Windows 98. My question is-----is this operating system worth
> keeping or should I look into upgrading them to XP. I checked and it looks
> like I’d have to go with Windows Xp Professional to take the upgrade path
> and that looks to cost about $100. What will I be missing without going to
> XP? Will I have to buy special Windows 2000 software or will XP software run
> on 2000?

  Windows 2000 was the mid step between NT and XP.  The vast majority of XP
software will also run on it, although some applications originally built
for 95/98/ME will work better on XP than on 2000.  I don't believe Microsoft
is still issuing security patches for 2000, so that could motivate an
upgrade to XP.

David Gillett

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml