Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 02:01:56 -0800
On 29 Nov 99, at 22:30, Linda wrote:

> We set the system date on it back to 1972, as I've heard that this
> will work with older VCR's and such.

  1972 was the most recent year for which all of the dates fall on
the same days of the week as they do in 2000.

  Unfortunately, I don't believe this solution can be relied upon for
DOS and Win 3.x, because their internal timekeeping starts from Jan
1, 1980.  [And setting the system date to 1972 really doesn't help
your applications become compliant unless you also knock 28 years off
every date you enter, and every date tnat's stored in the machine's
files....]

  Setting the date to 1972 will make your VCR usable, but won't do
much for your computer.

David G

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]