Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 02:39:23 -0800
On 15 Dec 2001, at 10:53, Mick Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a small home/peer to peer network using Windows XP and the
> tools it provides to make the task 'easy' :-)
>
> I use my 'main' PC to download my email.
>
> I would like to access/read and reply to the email on the main
> machine from the other positions. I don't want to 'transfer' the
> mails from the main to the others ... I would like to access the
> 'main email inbox' from any other position and reply to them if
> necessary.
>
> I hope I have made me problem/question clear? ... any assistance
> will be appreciated
>
> TIA ... Mick

  Two possibilities suggest themselves:

1.  Share the folder where your mailbox resides on the main machine.
Point email client on the other machine to this share as where the
mailbox resides.
  Only run mail clients on both machines *at once* on July 4th and
other occasions that merit fireworks, since it wasn't designed to
cope with this.

2.  Install email *server* software on your main machine, and point
the clients at that (using IMAP, not POP!).  You may have to start
using a third-party utility like fetchmail to download email from
your ISP to this local server.

David Gillett

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml