Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:21:19 -0400
This message for e-mail "geeks" only...
I just did an upgrade of MSIE 4 (Microsoft Internet
Explorer4-sp1) and MSOE (Microsoft Outlook Express) on
two computers, one with Win95a, the other Win95b.

The Win95b machine did not have any problems.
I upgraded it one step at a time. MSIE first,
and then went back and got MSOE...

On the Win95a machine, I just hit the upgrade MSIE
button on the site,   (site - all on one line)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie401/download/sp2/x86/en/download/addon95.htm

It sent me MSIE, MS Java VM, and MSOE.
The install of MSOE failed with the error:
"MSOE Error Installing Dependency"
Not real happy, I went to the remove programs box
in Control Panel and removed MSOE.
I checked my settings, and saw Microsoft Internet
Mail and News (MSIM) was now my default. And was working!
There was the usual "repairing folders" conversion... Ummm...
I plugged in the "link" (above) to the location bar
of my browser. I was offline.  It brought up all the
screens from my Cache, (I have a BIG Cache setting),
and it downloaded the install files from either my
Cache or some other hidden location...
The download went at the speed of a hard drive.
It never went back on-line for all of this, and
the second install of just MSOE went through with
out a hitch...
I wrote a message in each of the above "odd" e-mail
programs while they were on the machine.
MSIM called itself (in the headers) 4.70.1161
MSOE called itself (in the headers) 4.72.3155.0

After the successful re-install,
MSOE called itself (in the headers) 4.72.3612.1700

Sorry for the length of this post, but I thought it was
a neat story...

Everything works great...   Rick

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>