Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"J. H. Meinema" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 23:54:25 +0200
Hi, Michael...

> In my Win 98 system (P2-400, 96 M Ram, 2xAGP ATI Rage Pro video, ATI TV
> Wonder Card, Maxtor HD, CD-ROM, CD-RW, Zip100 Drive), I have a number of
> programs starting up that I cannot identify, nor therefore do I know if I
> need them or not.
>
> If I run "msconfig" and from the 'start-up' tab, see, among many programs
> that I *DO* know what they are, the following entries that I cannot
> identify, or only guess at:
>
> ATI Launchpad
> Cydoor          CD_Load.exe
> ATICwd32        Aticwd32.exe
> ATI Scheduler
> ATIKey          atitask.exe
> Machine Debug Manager   c:\windows\system\mdm.exe
> Resume copy             copyfstq.exe /startup
> Run = hpfsched
> Run = Qtstub.exe
>
> Can anyone give any help in identifying what any of these are, and can I
> un-check them?

Oke let's see...

Do you have an ATI graphics Card or a Motherboard of ATI or with an ATI
chipset if so than ATI is for that...

Resume Copy is new for me / but i think that you can uncheck that on. Don't
delete it but uncheck it first and see if nothing happens with the system

Machine Debug Manager - Just a debugging program for windows to debug some
problems if the occur i think...

Hpfsched - the name says it all Hewlett Packard Scheduler is needed for the
printer is a printing scheduler...

Qtstub.exe also new for me... / Just uncheck it and see what's happen...

Oke... and finally.. CYDOOR please please Please uncheck and delete this one
from you harddisk... I had the program also ones and deleted it very
quikly... It's a kind of BackDoor program for hackers.. that's the thing that
i think of it.. and is not needed for windows...

Personally if you have a internet connection.. download at www.zonelabs.com /
Zone Alarm it's free and a good and easy to use Firewall... Atguard is also a
good firewall but there you have to pay for.. my motto is if it's free and
good you must have it...

--
Anne Meinema

www.clockspeeding.cjb.net or http://clockspeeding.cjb.net

Site Description/Sections : Formula 1, Delta Force, Overclocking and More

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html