Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"M. Jelley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 17:47:01 -0400
I am having a new CPU built - just a tower with all the bells and whistles
that I have read about and coveted for the last 5 years - yes this Compaq
beast is a 5 year old Pentium 100.  Yes, I am due.  I plan to take my
removable 6.4Gb Western Dig out of the beast and install it into  the dream
machine.  However, there is also the original 1.9 Gb hard drive (that is
only half full) that has very important and useful programs and data that I
want over on the new CPU also. SO, here is my question -  I know that there
are "LapLink"-type  programs for downloading laptop stuff back to the
desktop - but is there a program that will let me drain my old Compaq hard
drive into the new CPU once the 6.4Gb Western Dig gets in there?
OR
 Would I be better off "moving" the programs from the 1.9 Gb to the
WesternDig (there are 4.5Gb left of 6.4) now, while I am waiting for the
dream machine to get built and then just yanking the Western Dig out of the
Compaq and installing it into the dream machine?

Your knowledgeable input and additional great ideas are greatly appreciated.
Marianne Jelley

PS - For those of you who want in on my Dream Machine . . it will consist of
a genuine P III @ 500 Mgh, the soon-to-be transferred 6.4 Gb Western Dig
(still under 5 year warranty), Colorado 5-8Gb Tape Backup, Cable ready modem
connection, 2 USB ports, a flaming 3D Graphics card, 128Mg of RAM and etc.,
etc. under $1200.

"Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself,
and know that everything in this life has purpose.
There are no mistakes, no coincidences.  All events
are blessings given to us to learn from."
-  Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html