Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 16:18:39 +1000
Lee writes:

<<I have installed a program (Quicken 2002 Deluxe) and verifyed that the
registry contains some pointers to the QUICKENW folder. I am trying to
replace the folder with the QUICKENW folder from an older machine, without
uninstalling. WIN XP pro won't let me rename or delete the installed folder,
presumably because of the pointers in the registry. I have tried this using
Windows explorer and DOS commands.>>

Unless you really know what you're doing, that procedure could be a recipe
for disaster. Trying to graft parts of a program not written for XP onto a
later version written for XP is not a good idea, though it CAN be done in a
few cases. Unless, of course, the older machine is also running XP with
similar configurations.

I don't use Quicken so I'm guessing from here. Probably it puts itself, at
least in part, into the startup chain. This means that as part of it is
running at all times, you won't be able to rename or delete, not even in XP
dos (because XP is still running while it gives you a simulated dos shell).
Try taking quicken out of startup (run Msconfig).

If you close down, then boot straight into dos from a dos boot floppy, then
you should be able to rename, delete, or whatever to your heart's content.
But don't be surprised if you get an error message when you reboot into XP,
or if the program won't run or runs badly.

If it's only data files you wish to transport, that may work OK.

Don Penlington

 From the beach at Surfers Paradise.
http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
for sunny Queensland photos, fractal art, free computer tutorials, and more.

                       http://freepctech.com/rode