Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:31:21 -0700
The information you have given is not very detailed and therefor can
only be answered in general.

1) You could try using Task Manager (control-alt-delete) and, in the
process list, click on memory usage. There are other ways in the Task
Manager by viewing performance with the program running and without the
program running. Also, remember that with many programs the memory usage
will vary as the program does its thing.
2) I assume you can locate on the Internet pictorial RAM installation
instructions that will be better than can be written here. There are
several different types and speeds of RAM. If both computers are using
the same type and speed of RAM, and there is capacity on the
motherboard, then the RAM can be relocated. If the type is the same and
the speed is different, you can try relocating RAM. If it works, all of
the RAM will be working at the slower speed. If it does not work, you
can use the faster RAM and try to locate matching RAM (Ebay might be a
good place to try) to add to it. Complicating this is that even the same
apparent RAM sticks may not work together if the manufacturer varies.
3) If manageable, purchasing new RAM that is the same type and speed
from the same manufacturer is the way to go. You need to check the
motherboard manual to see what RAM is recommended and where it is to be
installed. After that is working and if the old RAM is at least the same
type, you could try adding it and see if it works.
4) As to using the 98 HD as a second HD in the XP computer, since you
know it is "compromised", you need to make sure it is clean before
putting it into the XP computer but it is doable. If you have an
emergency 98 boot disk (98 has a built in feature to create one), start
the computer up with it and format the HD. Then use the "F disk"
function to eliminate any partitions on the HD and then recreate the
partition. You might want to wait a short while to see if there are
better suggestions forthcoming. Again, if manageable, buying a
relatively cheap HD as a second drive is preferable. Then you can drill
a couple of holes through the old drive and discard it.

I hope this helps.

Tom

em zirek wrote:
> Hello, I am reading about all the info you all share here, and was wondering how I can find out what my PC is doing at any given moment. I would like to know what my RAM levels are running certain apps. If I have enough(I think it is 256MB).
>   I am running an 5-6 yr old Xp Home PC custom built for perusing the internet. I had it built and bought it that way long ago to look for WAH opportunities and looking for dating sites.
>   I have only had to do a clean install once and am very happy with my antique PC. I have another with Win 98, but it is compromised, as it has some corrupted files on it and wanted to take the RAM from it(wouldn't know the amount, until I crack the case) and make that(98) HD the slave to the antique. I hope this is making sense. What procedure would work best?
>   Should I just buy new RAM to upgrade? I am not sure of how many slots I have for RAM either. I will be doing this soon as I am learning that I need a lot more RAM. I would imagine the Win98 has the same amount of RAM on it or less. How does one tell?
>
>   Summary of questions asked in this post:
>
>   1) How do I know what apps are using RAM at any given moment?
>   2)What procedure will work best in transferring RAM from one PC to another?
>   3)Should I just buy new RAM to upgrade?
>   Thanks for you help.
>
> Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Without any information on your computer, registry cleaning is not a
> significant factor in performance. Sufficient RAM is very significant
> for performance. For XP, 512MB to 1GB ......
>

>    EMZIREK

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!