Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:04:51 -0600
Terry writes:

<<After deleting some games and files to make space for a kodak cd with
pictures and a program, on my hard drive,Icannot access jpg. files>>

Either you will need to re-associate the .jpg extension with your picture
viewer, or, more likely, you've thrown the baby out with the bathwater and
maybe you do not have anything capable of serving as a picture viewer. You
may have deleted whatever program was previously being used, but the
registry directions have been left behind.  Thus, the registry is now
telling Windows to open your picture files with a program no longer there,
or perhaps in a different place.  What you now must do is tell the registry
which program you now want it to use for pictures. That is a procedure
known as "Setting file associations".

When your computer sees a file,  it looks in the registry to find out what
program it should use to open that type of file. The 3-letter extension
(.jpg, .txt, .doc or whatever) will be listed in the registry along with
the associated program which is to be used to open that file.

Most people use Irfanview (free) as their primary picture viewer. It works
very well with Win 95. Download it from:
http://www.irfanview.com/

If you already have Irfan, or something similar, look in its tools or
preferences for the option to set File Associations. Usually, you would set
it to associate all graphic files.

Otherwise, you will need to set the association manually.  See the tutorial
on my website for beginners instructions on the various ways to do
that.  There are several methods.  Choose for yourself which you think is
easiest. Personally, I use Winfile.exe (in the Windows folder) and click
File/Associate.

Try all the methods, it's the best way to learn.

When you install your Kodak program, you may find that it resets this
association for itself.  Some badly-written programs will do this, without
even asking you.   If that is not desired, you can reset the .jpg
association back to your own preference as I've outlined above.

Another method, when anything like this goes awol, is simply to restore the
registry.  Win 95 has the excellent ERU utility on its CD, and it is a very
good practice to make regular registry backups using this utility. Then,
whenever things go wrong, a registry restoration will often fix the
problem. (See my tutorial for details on using ERU).  But that won't help
here if you've thrown out the program previously used for opening these files.

Don Penlington
Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.