Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:27:12 -0500
Greetings Sixto and list--
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sixto Balicoco" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>

> Dear folks,
>
> Can anybody suggest a better way to capture, edit, and burn home videos to
> DVD or VCD without distorting
> its resolution?
> I have been trying to figure out how to make the resulotion better but I
> always end up with frustrations.
> It's either the video is awful or the audio is chopping.  Not sure if its a
> software or hardware issue.
> I use Sony Vaio, P3, 30GB.
> Software tested are Ulead Video Factory, Movieshop,DVgate, Muvee, MGI
> Videowave, Roxio,Adobe Premiere, etc.  and they all
> have the same awful video result, either I capture it from MiniDV Canon ZR70
> or analog Sony camcorder.
> I always think that a product resulting from digital editing is much more
> better than analog, but when I compare
> the result, I always find that a raw analog recording has a better quality
> than the latter.
> Should I just stay with analog editing using SIMA video editor?
> Any comment or suggestions is highly appreciated.  Thanks

I'm not sure how you are capturing now, but Ulead, and Adobe are both
excellent products and shouldn't be causing you problems.

At my school, students in the eighth grade Journalism class use a
Sony Digital8 Handy-cam to videotape the morning announcements
for the following day.  They then use a (recently upgraded) P4 2.4 GHz
computer with 512 MB PC133 SDRAM, ATi Radeon 9500 Pro 128
Video card, and an Ultra160 Seagate Cheetah 18 GB hard disk
with Win98SE as the OS with Pinnacle Micro's StudioDV video
capture and editing package.  (The hardware is actually overkill,
but I wanted to build the computer with a fast-as-possible disk subsystem
 in order to eliminate any possibility of it as a bottleneck.) It included an
IEEE 1394 (FireWire) card and the software.  Even before the upgrade,
this hardware/software combination has always provided an easy-to-use
interface, and exceptionally smooth capture, editing, rendering, and final
transfer to VHS tape.  There is a "check-box" to send start command to
a DV deck (which we currently don't have), but I am not sure if this will
'trigger' record start of a DVD-R deck (unless, perhaps, it accepts a FireWire
connection?).  I don't know if this is helpful in your context, however; the
product is very inexpensive for all the capabilities it includes.

HTH.

Paul A. Shippert

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml