Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:54:47 -0800
This can be done in two ways.
When you scan a form it becomes a graphic < a picture>  unless you use
software to turn it into a document.

You can scan it and save it as a graphic...like a tiff file or even a jpg.
Load Word...create a new document....insert the <picture > of your
form...then use text boxes to fill in the < form>. When creating the text
boxes make sure the box has <NO> line and the background is transparent.
Also you will want to select to put the text boxes < in front of the
picture > when determining the order of the graphic and text box. This
approach works great for the occasional form but you need a reasonably fast
computer ..say a 300 plus with 64 plus megs of RAM to work with the graphics.

There is also software that will take the form and use OCR...optical
character recognition...to turn it into a editable Word document.
There are a number of different scanning OCR programs....Omni Pro...Presto
Page Manager are two that come to mind. However these are NOT set up for
forms. In order to do forms correctly you need something specifically for
forms....Omni Pro has software for this called Omni Form. This software
scans the form and turns the picture into a workable Word document ... a
real Form. Omni Form is great software if you have a need to routinely fill
in forms However purchasing and then learning how to use such business
software may not be worth the expenditure and effort to scan a single form (s).

Mark Rode
The NOSPIN Group

                       http://freepctech.com/rode