Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Robert Prickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 08:37:43 GMT
On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:50:54 -0500, you wrote:

>Date: Feb. 12, 00
>Subject: BlackIce Firewall
>From: William Patton
>Can anyone tell me about the effectiveness of BlackIce firewall for a cable

I am VERY happy with BlackIce, and successfully reported two 'hackers'
trying to find an open port on my machine.  No, this was not a random
warning from blackice, but in one case, over 200 attempts in one
night.  I sent mail to the IPS and in one case, also sent them the
evidence log.

You can set it to different levels of protection, as the really high
level will get frequent alerts of surious activity.  It's no real
bother or interupttion, as the little icon in the taskbar merely
begins flashing.  That's alll it does, and you can ignore it or open
the menu and learn about the scan.

Small Claims Court Collection
and Windows95 / 98 Help
www.computerhelp.org