Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:39:20 -0700
  This sounds as if your DNS settings are not working.  (DNS is the
bit that translates a name like www.yahoo.com to an address like
210.123.174.110.)
  Usually, your ISP will tell you what DNS server addresses to use,
or when you set to "Automatically obtain an address from the server"
it will also get these addresses.  It *may* be that your machine is
now set to use AOL's DNS servers, but these might only be reachable
when you actually connect to AOL -- that would fit the information
you've given us.

  So -- if your dialup connection says "Automatically obtain an
address", make sure that it says that for DNS server addresses as
well.  If it has a static address coded, you'll need to find out from
your ISP what DNS addresses to use -- or, in this case, they were
probably on an original note from your ISP when you signed up.

David Gillett

On 16 Jul 2001, at 9:22, Margaret Thompson wrote:

> I am having a problem with my applications connecting to the internet.  I can connect to my ISP fine but whenever I try to find a url or connect with anything else, it comes up and says it cannot find the server.  My grandson had one of those free minutes on aol and he tried to install it and
now we have this problem.
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Margaret
>
>              PCSOFT maintains many useful files for download

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml