Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Marg Belliveau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:07:33 -0400
Hi there,
You can try any of the 'Tweak' programs,
like TweakUI:  http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui,
or TweakAll:    http://www.codeforge.co.uk/home/tweakdownload.asp
These will give you the option to disable the 'splash screen' and a whole lot more...I
have used both with no problems, but read all directions and use caution with some of
the settings.

Now, if you are adventurous and don't want any excess applications running on your
computer, you can try the 'fix' below.  I set all my machines this way.
This is the simplest way to accomplish what you want....just add some lines to your
MSDOS.SYS file in C:\

First, you will have to enable 'show hidden files', because it is 'hidden' by default.
To do this....

In Windows Explorer, click on 'View' in the menu bar, click on 'Folder Options', click
the 'View' tab, and under 'Hidden Files' pick 'Show all files'.

Now in the 'Root' or C:\ directory, find the MSDOS.SYS file.  For safety sake, make a
copy of it by right-clicking on it and picking 'copy'...this will place a file 'copy
of MSDOS.SYS' in the same directory...Now, you may have to make an adjustment here.
Just 'right-click' the original to get the 'Properties' sheet and at the bottom,
uncheck 'Read Only', (if necessary).

Now you are ready to make the changes. Double-click on MSDOS.SYS and it should open in
Notepad.  (If not, highlight the file using a single left-click, hold down the 'Shift'
key and at the same time, right-click once on the file and you will get an 'Open with'
in the menu that pops up.  Click on it, and in the screen that comes up, find
'Notepad' and chose it to be the application that opens the file...)

Once it is opened in Notepad, scroll to the very bottom and type the lines below
exactly (you can copy and paste it from this message).  This will eliminate the Splash
Screen, show the 'Boot Menu' and you can pick how long you want to see the Boot Menu
by varying the number (in seconds) in BootMenuDelay!

Logo=0
BootMenu=1
BootMenuDelay=9

When you are finished, SAVE the file.  You can also change it back to 'Read Only' if
you like.
Now, reboot the computer to see the changes you have made.

Good Luck, whichever way you go.
Marg Belliveau