Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:23:41 +1000
Laurie wrote:
>When I click on the blue 'e' for the internet on my desktop, it seems that
>the screen opens up the way I like it.  But when I click on something in my
>favorites file, it usually doesn't.>>

It's not very clear from your letter, but I assume it is your browser
(Internet Explorer) which is giving you this trouble. It's an old problem
with IE which Microsoft has never got around to fixing.

The best solution is to use a tabbed IE skin such as Maxthon or Avast.
These have many additional benefits as well.

Failing that, here's the fix for this annoying IE problem:

"First, close all open IE windows, then launch IE again. Right-click on any
link and choose Open in New Window. Resize the resulting secondary window
by dragging the edges to the size you want for all secondary windows.

Now close the new window by holding the Shift key and clicking the X icon
in its top-right-hand corner. Set the remaining window to the size you want
IE to have when initially launched, and close it in the same way. IE should
now remember your preferred window sizes. If it forgets after a while,
apply this simple fix again."

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html