Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Paul Shippert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 15:02:48 -0400
Greetings Louise and list--

From:         Louise Gullion <[log in to unmask]>

>How can I change my font permanently on Microsoft Word? I have Windows 98. Right now the font automatically comes on in New Times Roman 10 and I want it to come up in Arial 14. I know that I can change it each time but I would like to set it permanently.

To change the default font for your documents in Word, it is necessary to modify the style.  Click on Format, then Style.  In the dialog box that opens, there should be a button labeled Modify.  Click this button and one of the choices is Font.  Click on this, change to your choice of fonts and attributes (bold, italic, etc.), then click OK, then click in the check box for Add to Template.  Click OK again, then click Apply and your choice of font should be ready to use any time you start a document (barring, of course the use of pre-made templates (You'll have to modify those, if you so desire, separately.)).  What you will have done is make modifications to a template known as Normal.dot.  This template is automatically used for new blank documents.

Hope this helps,

Paul Shippert

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions