Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 01:36:55 -0500
You don't have to reinstall 98 at all. Just boot to your XP cd and go
through the startup and it will ask where you want to install XP, point to
C: which is usually what is already highlighted. It will ask if you want to
use the existing file format, FAT32 or NTFS, and then the option to install
in the existing directory or to format the drive. Go ahead and format and
when it gets ready to start copying files it will say it doesn't detect a
qualifying previous OS to install the upgrade and will ask you to put in a
previous version of windows to show you qualify for the upgrade. It will
spin your 98 disk for a few seconds and then just take it out and let XP
install.

Larry Knox
----- Original Message -----
From: "brian bamber" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 2:27 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Operating Systems

Hi

I have a computer I wish to pass on to my nephew.

Before I do this I want to erase everything on the H/D which includes XP
Pro,  so he can reload his XP Home Upgrade and other applications.

I been told that we will have to format the hard drive of the pc and then
reload Win 98 and then load XP Home Upgrade.   It all sounds so easy I
thought I would get some advice from you!

bribam

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: