Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 02:08:57 -0600
Hi Jagpal,

More information on your system is needed. There are many factors to
consider... age, memory, CPU, etc. Is all your hardware and software
compatible with XP? Drivers are a common problem, are they the latest and
for XP? Which version of XP did you install? Also, details of the crash and
the present situation. Did it crash to the point that nothing happens when
you attempt to power up? If it crashed solely because you attempted to
install AVG, I would question the integrity of the initial installation. You
can always format the drive and do a clean install, or try an install-over
of the existing OS.

On AVG. The current version and, as far as I know, the previous versions are
compatable with XP. I've been using it since October with no problems.

"How to revive an XP if it crashed?" Again, not enough information provided.
If you have the Backup Utility (Start \ Programs \ Accessories \ System
Tools), you can use Automated System Recovery in the Advanced mode to create
a two-part backup. A floppy with the system settings and other media (your
D: drive?) that contains a backup of the system partition. Third party
software is also available for backups and copying drives.

Another method. If you're an "el cheapo" like me, you can use the disk
utility for your D drive to copy C to D, and the reverse to copy back to C
if needed. If you don't have it, you can download it from the drive
manufacturer's web site. Additionally, I use my second hard drive (D
partition) for everything that isn't "Windows." I moved the My Documents
folder to my D drive and everything else that's personal is kept there... my
Download folder, the store folder for Outlook Express, etc. My personal
information from C:\Documents and Settings are backed up on a regular basis
along with the registry. I use the second partition of the second HD to
install all my programs.

I hope this is useful to you,
Sven Swanson, Sr.

Date:    Thu, 28 Mar 2002 22:45:57 -0400
From:    Jagpal S Tiwana <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: XP Crashed

Hi Friends,
I installed XP on a clean C; Drive. it worked fine. Then I tried to install
Anti virus AVG 6, it crashed.
I hv two questions
1. Is there a version of AVG which is compatible with XP.

2. How to revive an XP if it crashed. I tried  scanreg /resore, there was
no such command there.
  I hv lot of space on my second hard drive, ie, D: drive. Can I copy XP
from C; to D; to be copied back if there was a crash. if yes, how ?
Plz advise what should I do in such a situation.
  With best regards,

Jagpal S Tiwana
http://home.istar.ca/~cye/mss.html

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>