Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Derek Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:43:13 -0400
Kathy,
     I have had a few machines do that where I work and hopefully with
the hard drive still functioning, there is a way to fix that problem.
Did you get or do you have an XP Operating System CD to boot off?  If
so you can boot off it and go to recovery console.  From there you
could run check disk (chkdsk) to fix.  Details here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302

    If you don't have the XP Operating System CD, there is still
another option.  You could download and create the Ultimate Boot CD
for Windows.  It includes the chkdsk utility under the diagnostic
section.  That could be a plan B.
http://www.ubcd4win.com/

hopefully that helps a little,
Derek

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 6:56 AM, kathy schrieber
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I have an old laptop-Dell Latitude CPX, I bought it used and it has win xp on it, but a sticker says "designed for win 98" so I guess it is pretty old.  It has been running ok until I got DSL internet.  I tried to load the security software from the ISP home page and the computer was soooooo slow-it was taking me 10 minutes to open control panel.  It stopped responding all together, the start button and all icons disappeared.  I turned it off to reboot it up, I was going to a restore point or re-format back to the win 98 disc-anything.  But it won't reboot- I get a blue screen that says"  unmountable_boot_volume"  "stop:  oxooooooed (0x810f8030, ocx0000000  well you get the idea.  If I try to load hitting F8 and choosing set-up I get set-up cannot load the keyboard layout file KBDUS,DLL.  It won't boot from the CD (I tried a recovery disk).  I can't get to safe mode or a command prompt.  From searching the internet it seems to be a crashed hard drive ? I want to know if there is anyway I can get it to boot from the CD drive?  When booting up I tried holding down esc, delete F2, nothing seems to get me to a prompt or any choices that work, I tried them all.  Any ideas or is it dead?  Thanks a lot.  It is my backup computer for travel-not a great loss but I would like to try to fix it.  Thanks and sorry for the length of this.
>
>  Schrieber
>  600 Madam Moore Ln.
>  New Bern, NC 28562
>  252-633-0159

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!