Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:23:10 -0500
Hi Hass,

I don't know of anything available that would allow you to write fractions
using a horizontal line, unless you were able to find a special font. Here
is information on using the Character Map in Windows that may be helpful.

While most word processing programs have their own procedures for accessing
special characters, in Windows you can retrieve characters for use in any
program by using the Character Map utility.

If I hold down the Alt Key and type the numbers 0176, this is what I get
"°", sans quotes. Make sure you use the number keys to the right of your
keyboard... the numbers above the alphabet will not work. Here is a short
list of just a few of the symbols you can create.

Alt + 0169 = ©
Alt + 0188 = ¼
Alt + 0189 = ½
Alt + 0233 = é
Alt + 0153 = T
Alt + 0137 = ?
Alt + 0162 = ¢
Alt + 0177 = ±

You can get to the character map by clicking on "Start", "Programs",
"Accessories", "System Tools", and then "Character Map". Once you have the
window open, you can browse the various fonts using the drop-down menu at
the top of the dialog box. Simply click once on a symbol that you want to
create, and you will see the keyboard shortcut (if there is one) in the
lower right hand corner of the window. If not, you can copy and paste.

Sven Swanson, Sr.