Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 21:26:15 -0500
Greetings--

Whether due to software incompatibilities or OS incompatibilities, I have
lost the ability to play MIDI files.  Hardware is P233mmx, 64 MB RAM,
Seagate 3.2 GB Medalist, Conner 406 MB hard disk #2, Creative 52X ATAPI
CD-ROM, Quantum 47.8 SCSI hard disk on Adaptec 2930CU PCI SCSI controller,
OPTI OP931 Sound card, and Diamond Stealth PCI video card.

I did a clean install of Win98 SE and re-installed all of my applications.
AFIK (for certain), I had been able to play MIDI files under Win95 (my
previous OS).  I did, however, download and install Winamp 2.66, and,
subsequently Windows Media Player 7.  This may have been the cause of the
problem--I don't know.  I would prefer to have Winamp take and retain
control of file associations like MIDI, (rmi, mid., etc.), saving Media
Player and Quick Time for video files.  Does anyone know how I can restore
my computer's ability to play midi files?  I can't play them in Winamp,
QuickTime (though I didn't really expect to) or Windows Media Player.  I
have examined the file associations with .mid files and while Winamp.exe is
the app to open and play, I suspect I may be missing some settings.  Any
help will be appreciated, and apologies for the length of the post.

Paul Shippert

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html