Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2012 10:04:18 +0000
Greetings--

The "pop-up" is probably legitimate.  Adobe frequently publishes updates for its Reader and other products, and they don't coincide with the regularly-scheduled MS updates.  They are published as 'security holes' become observed--often more frequently than those MS updates are supposed to repair.  The fact that it does not appear to 'run' is troubling.  Anything from your Windows Firewall to some sort of malware could be interfering with its installation.  I would recommend turning off your firewall (briefly), then starting Adobe Reader and clicking on the updates link (which is probably under the "Help" menu) to attempt to download and install whatever updates are available.  This is a good idea, because 'newer' forms of malware can be-- and have been--" tied" to .pdf files, so they can be a source of infection.

FWIW,

Paul A. Shippert

School Librarian

Margaret Brent Middle School

----- Original Message -----

From: "alan smith" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:35:27 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] long update?

I have ADOBEY READER & about a week ago I got a popup about an update? I opened it & got a medium size

window with a line for progress? I let it sit there for an hour & no movement on the line? And every time I turn on my

computer I get the same popup! Is the update legitimate??  I've noticed NO changes in my reader.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com