Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 16:07:43 -0800
On 16 Mar 98 at 22:38, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> > Win95 detects such a UART automatically, and allows it to be
> > configured from the Device Manager;
>
> 1.  I am running Win95, and Nuts & Bolts Discover Pro tells me that
> my UART is 16650C.  From what you said above, I gather that I should
> add COM2FIFO=1.

  If you go to Control Panel | Device Manager | Communications Port
(COM2) | Properties | Port Settings | Advanced, you should be able to
set thresholds for Win95's use of the chip FIFO.  This is a finer
level of control than the 0/1 option offered by the setting above.
  My belief is that the recommendation was for Win 3.x, and that it
is oibsoleted by the improved support in Win95.

> 2.  How about changing COM2BUFFER=1024 to COM2BUFFER=32768?

  I don't see how this could hurt, but I suspect it's probably also
obsolete.  It should be safe to try it and see if you can measure any
difference.

David G