Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 00:49:18 -0500
On 23/05/05 Bernadette MeCrea wrote " I get this message when I turn on my computer.  "Invalid Backweb Application
ID 1940576"  I have Symantic which I run weekly and it shows no virus's.  I
run spybot search and destroy and get the Backweb lite wording.  I then delete
it and it is still there.  What should I do to get rid of this and exactly what
is it?
Bernadette McCrea
Seattle, Wa. "

Is your operating system win xp? if so you will have to disable " system restore" before you scan with s&b search and destroy, and after detection of the "backweb lite" entry and deletion you should reboot and see if the entry has been deleted. if yes then you can enable " system restore"

from what i understand "backweb" is a software which is used by some maufacturers (kodak, logitech, and even HP for "automatic updates") and "backweb lite" is an annoying software in various versions for pop up adds which illegally makes various registry entries. having said this i would suggest you visit the following websites for additional info and decide on further course of action.

(1) www.annoyances.org

(2)http://www.spywareremove.com/removeBackWebLite.html

pl excercise utmost caution or take help from more knowledgeable persons before you attempt to delete registry keys.

good luck and have a nice day.  venkat viswanathan

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml